One more Rajasthani curry / sabzi made in ganwaar style 😬 and kadak jeera parantha.
Perils of an active brain which needs to be sedated with the process of cooking food 🙄
If you also suffer from the combination of two of the worst characteristics possible – brain which can’t stop working and a stomach which can’t stop growling, get into that kitchen RIGHT NOW! *with one bottle wine is highly recommended, all senses shall be happy* #SabMohMayaHai
Seeing that crushed garlic though the next best set of senses satiated too #DayummGirl
So here it goes, the recipe / process / directions to cook mote besan ke sev ki sabzi (curry) , the easy lazy simple but awesome way B-)
- Thickest, strongest, hardest (tch tch tch… you dirty you) besan ke sev – I guess 1.5 cups should be enough for 2 people. But why would you listen to me? I am already 1 glass of wine down 🙄
- Onion paste – made of 4 medium ones, for my size reference of things refer to the previous recipe here – Laal Maas P.S. you won’t get all size references there *smirk smirk wink wink* …. aur haan pushton se pyaaz aur namak pe hi toh jeete aa rahe hain na hum rajasthani *Cliché slay #LikeABoss*
- Ginger Garlic paste – 2 tablespoons , ohh every time I say this word ‘tablespoon’ 😎 get that chef hat on yo!
- Garlic buds – MINIMUM 7 to 8 , don’t show me your face if you use any lesser. Feel important hai boss!
- Salt – Swadanusar Shall say this Evaahrytime! Means as per your own taste, like go figure -> Go now -> Be a man! Do the right thing! Ok staaahp
- Red chilli powder – 2 teaspoon , your tongue should go hmmmmm hmmmm hmmmm *Click for background music yo while you fill in the next glass of wine *
- Coriander powder aka dhaniya powder – 3 teaspoons. Still bores me to add this ingredient but karna padta hai, duniya hai, sabko sab kuch nahi milta. Pliss to transfer life consultation fee to my online bank account.
- Hing / asafoetida – 2 pinches ummm of the powder I mean 🙄 come back mind! come back
- Amchoor / Dry Mango powder – 1 pinch is enough *khi khi khi* zindagi ko thoda chatapata banaane ke liye #Deep
- Mustard Oil – 2 tablespoon , coz Ganwaar and proudly so 😎
Recipe, When rubber hits the road! When you set your priorities right! When you pour the third glass of wine! *Don’t play with fire and keep the extinguisher handy*
By the way, the recipe is so simple & short that I will try to use the fastest finger first mode #ThatsWhatSheSaid 🙄 Now I know why people don’t talk to me 😛 Kidding! I am looouved
- Pour mustard oil in a non-stick pan, add onion paste and let it go brown. Because once you go black you never come back 😬 See see what I did there, it’s incurable I think
- Crush those lovely garlic buds a little *show some love* and add in. Let them get that slightly brunette kind of a color to get the sexy mode on
- Add in ginger-garlic paste, rest of the spices and let it cook for a couple of minutes. With a heavy heart I will have to say, sorry but this one is just a quicky, don’t appreciate it much but that’s how it has to be done sometimes.
- Add in 3.5 cups of water and let it simmer for some time, add in those besan ke sev, heat for 3-4minutes. Shut the fire, cover the pan and do bottom’s up of that last glass of wine coz you are ready to rock and roll! *drum roll*
And that’s how we roll! Remember, sometimes it’s the step of taking a decision that seems to be the toughest, going through the decision is not usually. 🙂
Now go and share this with other #Awesomesauce people because recipes keval like ya comment karne se nahi failti hain 🙈
Over and Out!